Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Moved In and Settled

I've got to do better about updating this blog!!

I got moved into my new apartment the weekend of May 1. My brother and friend from high school, Jimbo, got all of my stuff in about 2 hours - then it took me about three weeks to get completely unpacked and decorated. That might not have taken so long, but the week of May 4 I worked everyday at the florist because of the upcoming Mother's Day weekend. And, I'm still recuperating from severe anemia.

I'm loving my apartment!! It is really nice, my walls had been redone, repainted, and I've got new carpet. There is a nice size kitchen, living room, bedroom, and bath. Also, a 6 ft by 9 ft storage closet I've turned into a craft room. I'm so excited about the chance to do the projects I've accumulated with the "one day I'll have time" attitude. I've got quilts, wreathes, purses, and cross stitch projects to keep me busy at least 5 years. Not to mention all the books I haven't had time to read and movies to watch. It's being good for me, I can tell that the stress level is much lower. I still worry about the kids tremendously and watching Lynn go thru some hard days for him is tough, but I believe he's going to make it.

As far as my health goes, it's been a tough month. While in the hospital, they took me off everything except the Pepcid , Progesterone and Prozac. I came home with Lovenox injections twice a day - now that they are finished I about to start on Coumadin again.

After I first got him, I started back on the blood pressure medicine. It probably didn't have anything to do with it, but about a week after moving in, I started a menstral cycle! Shouldn't have happened, I was on progesterone and two weeks post D&C - but it did. And it was pretty bad for close to two weeks. Not hospitalization bad, but what little ground I had gained in the anemia field, I lost pretty quickly.

I am back to square one - at this point I am ready to begin again to add back the heart medications and see what happens. I am going to have surgery soon - probably next Tuesday - for an IUD to be implanted. The purpose of that is to make me have a regular cycle so that my uterine lining does not have time to build up. The ideal solution is for me to lose enough weight to have the hysterectomy - something I am working hard on!

I see my regular doctor on June 9 so hopefully, I will have progress to report on the weight loss. I don't think I've gained anything back and feel like I've lost a few more pounds. Being anemic, I've been supposed to eat much more, especially protein. Somedays I just don't feel like it - and somedays have eat very little.

One thing that has happened that helps me tremendously, the CSA program I joined started up again May 6. Each Wednesday I get 1/2 bushel of fresh organically grown produce. I've enjoyed lots of fresh lettuce, strawberries, and green onions. I've had lots of radishes, and I've tried - I just can't eat them - I like the crunch but not the flavor!

This week Renee and I went grocery shopping together - I did really well on my purchases and plans for menus - so I think I'm about to get back on track on the eating part.

One thing I've promised myself - if I can get down to 300 pounds or below by June 1, 2010 - my 50th birthday! - I am going to treat myself to a brand new Camaro!! Have you seen one? They are gorgeous!!

Even if I don't make it by my birthday, when I weigh less than 300 I'm buying a Camaro!!

No comments:

Post a Comment