Sunday, May 30, 2010

All of Me

So, I've addressed a lot of things regarding weight and health, but I think I've avoided something that is very important to the overall health of a person. That would be sex, or lack or it. Or, more importantly, a 1:1 relationship that is intimate and trusting.

There is a man in my life. He's been there about 11 years (since we first met). He is a great guy - educated, successful in his job, steady. Right after I met him, I had the big car wreck. Through all of that he cheered me on from afar, encouraging me in a way that no one else, not even my husband, did. So, yes, I've known him since before I was divorced.

This weekend he came to town to visit. We sat up almost all night Friday talking and catching up and sharing. He is a very cuddly guy - something most women want but never get. He gave me the biggest compliment of my life from a man - that if he'd met me when we were twenty, we would have run off never to be seen again!

As always, our visit was brief - he left Satuday morning. But, he gives me hope and accepts me and my body and all the things that don't work like they use to - if I ever had a soulmate I think it may have been him.

Even with visits that are few and far between, I have trusted him more than I ever had any other man with my heart. And, I've realized, again, that there has to be someone in your life that you can have that level of intimacy and trust with to truly be healthy.

Hoping I see him again this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment