Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I Understand Fully Now!

When I started taking metorprolol - I didn't think I was experiencing quite the fatigue the doctor described. But, I was only taking 1/2 pill twice a day. Last Tuesday, he switched me to one pill twice a day - and can I tell a difference.

You know the fatigue that sets in when you've physically exerted yourself, muscles feel a little weak with a little burn to them? I feel like most of the time now. I even get tired chewing - which may be a good thing - I got 10 chicken nuggets yesterday and after 5 was too tired to eat any more.

This is supposed to be normal - and I guess if my heartrate is down to 60 and my blood pressure down to 120/70, then I would feel a little weak after some exertion. But I'm not liking it at all.

FYI - today's INR was 3.5 - so they called to see why it had gone up a little too much. The only explanation is that I've eaten less in the last week because eating makes me tired! Imagine that - so my dose is cut back some.

I did go to physical therapy today to try and work out some problems with my left hip since the fall last fall - two sets of 5 at 20 seconds each - I was ready to go to sleep on the ortho bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment