Sunday, April 19, 2009

Moving Day is Near

I've been really trying to get everything ready for the move - this fatigue I'm feeling is wearing me out more than I like, and just about more than I can tolerate. I sure hope that once I am moved and set up and can really relax some, the blood pressure will be lower so that a lighter dose is required to keep it down so low. Of course, I'm still going to feel fatigued because my BP is low and my heart rate lower, but I'm hopeful it won't be as bad as right now.

The last few days have been tough for me physically. Besides the pain of the PT and trying to work on that, I've had other problems. I won't be too graffic, but, this is really personal and not something I usually talk about. But, after I've told everyone my weight, I suppose there isn't too much left to hide.

I had not had a monthly cycle for over a year. I'm sure that was because of the weight gain, the tremendous stress of dealing with my son and his problems, and the fallout from those. I had hoped that part of my life was over and it had gone quietly! Sounds too good to be true - believe me it was. With the combination of 150 pounds lost and the medication, Mother Nature decided to do some housecleaning. Now that I realize it, that's why the fatigue is so much worse. So, in a day or two maybe I will feel some better. Any change in normal I have to report to the coumadin clinic at Vanderbilt - I imagine this is something I need to share with them. Those numbers may be quite ascue Tuesday!

The coumadin clinic is now in charge of monitoring my INR and all things to do with my blood. This is not something that will change - I will be on anticoagulation therapy the rest of my life. They are very nice to deal with - and they are really on top of their game. I had blood drawn last Tuesday about 12:50 - they were on the phone about 2:15 with the results and the changes I needed to make for the week. I normally only get blood drawn every two weeks, but they requested we go weekly for awhile too so that can get a clearer picture of changes, etc.

Maybe I should have got an apartment on the Vanderbilt campus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment