Saturday, April 4, 2009

Updates

So I'll have more updates after I see the doctor on Tuesday - but - this week my INR was 3.1! That's just about where they want it to be which is great after more than two months of changing the Coumadin dose every other week. Now, we'll see if I can maintain where I'm at on the dosage I'm on. I was really glad to see it where it's at - it's been so low I wasn't getting any benefit, and so high I was scared of a stroke. It's been as high as 12 - the doctor said at 15 you can begin to seep blood thru your skin and are in danger of a stroke that would be deadly. Pretty scary stuff!

I am hopeful Tuesday's weigh in goes well - I know this - yesterday morning I put on my jacket when I left for work - and for the first time since I've owned it - it would snap around my hips and stomach. It has been at least 10 years since I've had a jacket that would close around that part of my body. I can usually snap the top three or four buttons, but that would be all. That was pretty cool! Of course, the top of the jacket can almost wrapped around me twice because of the size it is, but, I'm making progress.

Other good news - I am looking at an apartment on Tuesday morning at the retirement community I'm moving to - so moving day is coming soon! I'm excited about the opportunity to lessen the stress in my life and hope that leads to more physical rewards in the improvement arena.

No comments:

Post a Comment