Friday, February 20, 2009

Eating Plan

When I left the doctor's office on February 3rd, I was disturbed, highly disturbed. What have I done to myself?

I know exactly what I've done, I've eat whatever, whenever, without any regard to what it was or how it might be affecting me. And, I've justified that I wasn't doing too bad with some said excuses that I don't smoke, don't drink, don't use drugs, etc. But, my habits have been atrocious and now the piper is here to be paid!

I know what to do - and how to do it. The chore is to make myself do the right thing and do it everyday without excuses.

So, when I got groceries this week - this was my shopping list:

Total Raisin Bran
Skim Milk
Bananas
Oranges
Lettuce
Cucumbers
Carrots
Tomatoes
Green Onions
Turkey
Roast Beef
Whole Grain Bread
Whole Grain Eggos
Whole Grain Tostitos
Salsa
Mac & Cheese

Not too much of a list - but I had boneless skinless chicken breast in the freezer. I'd planned cereal or waffles for breakfast, with fruit or fruit as a snack, a sandwich with chips and salsa for lunch, chicken and salad for supper with the mac and cheese primarily for the kids, but that I would have a small serving.

It hasn't been bad - I've actually stayed with the plan about 8 days. This weekend I'll have to get groceries again. I have avoided fast food except for one meal. I did have a chicken plate from Habib's - rice, grilled chicken and a greek salad with a pita - a major fat free healthy meal.

I've had three cups of coffee this week and one diet coke!! Otherwise, I've drank water.

And I've pee'd my brains out! I can tell a great big difference already in just how I move, etc. I go back to see the doctor on March 3. I will weigh that day and update my progress. In the meantime, I will share some heart healthy eating tips I'm finding and other encouragement for anybody out there facing a similar fate.

Take control! You can do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment