Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Falling Down

I usually watch the Biggest Loser on Tuesday nights. Actually, I guess starting to watch that show last fall began the inspiration for me to do something about my weight.

Last night, the Black team won a 24 hour pampering session. They got massages, pedicures, etc. and they got to go out and eat somewhere that looked pretty fancy. They had drinks, huge shrimp cocktails, and lots of food. In fact, the 5 of them ate 15,000 calories BEFORE they went to the bar and drank.

Anyway, most of their weight loss for the week showed it - the buys lost but the girls didn't do so well.

And Jillian hit the roof! She yelled and cussed at them because on their first trek outside into the real world, they didn't use their brains to think about what they were eating. While it was a special outing, it makes sense.

I have fallen more than once on this journey, and I expect to fall again. There are some things I love dearly, and I'm still learning to eat them in moderation or alter what I eat to still enjoy them. Mexican food is my favorite - a couple of weeks ago, I had the beef chimichanga from Las Palmas with chips and hot cheese - it was so so good. I ate 1/2 of the order and ate the rest the next day for lunch - so that was some improvement. But, there is room for more.

My whole point is, you just get back up and keep going! We have to do that in every aspect of our life, on the job, in your personal relationships, and with the eating. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and move on - the failure comes when you don't!

No comments:

Post a Comment