Friday, March 6, 2009

You're Not Going to Believe This!

I'm way behind, again! That's not the unbelievable part though.

I had an appointment with my doctor on Tuesday. I always have to get a wheelchair and go to his office since it is still too far for me to walk, but I had planned to get out of the chair and weigh to get the best possible number!

I noticed Lynn was pushing me like really fast and I asked him, "does this chair roll better or am I lighter?" to which he answered "I think both".

But, are you sitting down? When I got on the scale and the number came up, my mouth dropped open and I asked the nurse "Is that a real number?". The woo-hoo's started from her - and the receptionist came running to tell me she knew I didn't look like the same person. It was all so exciting, I felt faint!

Wait, I didn't tell you yet! The number was 465!!! Yes, I weigh 465 pounds, which was 136 pounds lighter than exactly four 4, yes count them, 4, weeks before. Unbelievable!!

I knew I felt so much better and could move so much better. And that my clothes are hanging on me.

Most of that I'm sure was the excess fluid which was drowning me from the inside out, but I have made dramatic changes in my diet and eating habits.

My doctor was pleased, very! He also added another new medicine to me, a Beta blocker to slow my heartbeat so that it may squeeze more blood out on the pump side, and rest more on the relax side. I will start it tonight - he said I will not feel good for a couple of days until I get used to it, so I figure the weekend is a good time to start taking it.

I see him again in exactly 5 weeks - my personal goal is to lose 30 pounds by then. I will definitely be below the 400 pound mark by my birthday on June 1.

FYI - this is the lightest I have been in 7 years - I weighed 498 pounds when I left Ronnie in 2002. And, I have to buy some new clothes - starting with a couple of good bras!

1 comment:

  1. You are most definitely on the right road. I am so proud of you for facing this head on and moving in the right direction. I will be keeping up with you and cheering you on!!

    ReplyDelete