Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Let's Talk Numbers

Thought I'd share some of my numbers from where I've started - some of these are already on this blog site somewhere!

Beginning weight - 601 (2/3/09)
Last weight - 465 (3/3/09)
Height - 66 inches
Total Cholesterol - 147
Triglycerides - 43
LDL - 53
HDL - 84
Hematocrit - 38
Blood pressure - 140/94
INR - 5.4

Now, for my weight the fact that my cholesterol and triglycerides are so good was unbelieveable. My blood count I included because I have sometimes dealt with anemia, but not right now.

Every two weeks - go to the lab for bloodwork.
Every four weeks - go to the doctor's office for a visit.

My meds right now are constantly being adjusted - which will happen until the numbers fall in line and stay stable - but as long as my weight continues to change. so will the meds.

Lasix - 40 mg per day
Lisinopril - 40 mg per day
Metroprolol - 25 mg per day
Prozac - 20 mg per day
Warfarin - 10 mg per day
There's another little pill I take - for my stomach - to prevent ulcers since I'm on so much blood thinner, etc. - I can't remember it's name.

I have to keep this list handy as it changes often. I also take a good senior multi vitamin each day with an additional B-12, C, and E. My nightstand looks like a pharmacy counter!!

Some really good numbers - 7 days a week I feel like getting up now! And, I can walk the 50 or so steps from my van all the way to my desk at work without stopping to rest! I can lift my leg up the 14 inches to get into the van without problems, I can climb the 7 steps to the deck and walk across the deck into the house without stopping to catch my breath. I am only sleeping about 9 hours per night now, instead of the 12 I used to, and I stay up all day now, no resting spells (except for when it was rainy and I just was being lazy - it wasn't because I couldn't do anything else).

Lots of numbers to keep up with! We shall see on April 7 if that weight number can't come down a little more! I have a goal - I'd like to lose 30 more pounds by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment